Currently, the insertion of Anchor Tags in email templates using IE8 requires a few extra steps due to comparability issues.
Provided, are steps to help guide you through this process.
1. In the message you wish to insert the Anchor Tag, highlight the text at the point at which you would like the Anchor to scroll to
2. Click the Insert Link button
3. In the popup, ignore all fields and simply click "OK"
4. Place the cursor within the linked area and click on the "Hyperlink Manager" button in the bottom right corner.
- Alert: Do not highlight the text
5. Click the "Anchor" Tab
6. Type in a name for the Anchor Point. Click "OK"
- Alert: Do not use spaces in the name. You may use underscores ( _ ) to replace spaces.
7. Highlight the text that will be the link triggers the scroll to the Anchor Point
8. Click the Insert Link button
9. In the popup, ignore all fields and simply click "OK"
10. Put the text cursor within the linked area and click on the "Hyperlink Manager" button in the bottom right corner
- You will see the text you highlighted become a link.
11. Select the Anchor Point Name that you created earlier
- In the pop up, click the "Existing Anchor" drop down.
12. The URL will change to the Anchor Point name with a # in front of it. Click OK once finished.
13. Click Save once all editing has been completed