Whether your looking to add some fresh color to your template or wish to change colors of the default templates to match your brand, this tutorial will help you change both the background color of specific areas of your message or the entire message.
- Alert: This tutorial only applies to emails built using tables (For an example, take a look at one of the default templates located in the Email Templates section of your CONNECT community.)
1. Place your cursor or click anywhere in the area you wish to change.
Click on "Cell Properties" which should appear at the bottom of the editor.
- Note: If the "Cell Properties" option does not appear, try clicking in another section of the area until it does.
2. Click on the Table Properties tab
3. Click on the Background Color option and select a color. Click OK when finished.
- Tip: If you have a custom color you would like to use, make sure to have the "Hex" color code (ie. #FFFFFF = White).
- Then in the color selector, choose "Add Custom Color" and enter the code.
4. Changing the Background Color of the Entire Message
- This requires you to switch to the HTML mode in the Template editor.
- Locate the tag within your message. To set the background color add in bgcolor="COLOR" inside the tag, so that it looks like this: <body bgcolor="black"> or <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">