Update: add customised unsubscribe button text and post confirmation text
In the landing page feature, you are able to set up an unsubscribe page to include in your email campaigns and manage your opt-outs.
This tutorial covers the process of setting up an unsubscribe page in CONNECT.
1. Begin by creating a new Landing Page
2. Enter a Title for the Landing Page
3. Select the domain you would like the unsubscribe page hosted on
4. Select "This landing page is an Unsubscribe page"
5. Paste in the landing page HTML code, click "View HTML"
- If there is already landing page code in the editor, move on to the "Variables" step.
6. Paste in the HTML code and click "Update"
The following variables are required in the landing page for the Unsubscribe page to be valid:
- This will display the email address that will be unsubscribed.
- This will display the subscription the email address will be unsubscribe from.
- This is determined by the subscription chosen when the email was deployed.
- This will display a button for the visitor to click and unsubscribe the ##email## from the ##subscription##
CONNECT also allows users to add custom text to the unsubscribe button and post-unsubscribe text confirmation.
- ##forms:unsubscribe Value="Se désabonner" Confirmation="désabonnement réussi"##
- Value - this parameter allows user to add custom text for unsubscribe button.
- Confirmation - Once, the user has clicked on the unsubscribe button, a confirmation appears. CONNECT allows user to customise the text that appears to confirm if they unsubscribed successfully.
An additional variable is available and is optional for communities that are not sending to Canadian contacts.
If a community is sending to Canadian contacts, under CASL, the user must offer the user a way to unsubscribe from all of their email communications.
- This will display a button for the visitor to click and unsubscribe the ##email## from ALL subscriptions they are currently subscribed to.