Web Forms are a great way to collect new subscribers for each subscription you have in your DataMart or just collecting customer data for later use.
This tutorial goes over the standard method for creating a web form.
1. To begin, navigate to the Compose tab and click on the Web Forms tab
2. Click "Create new Web Form"
3. Type in the Web Form Name
4. The Form will Automatically collect the UniqueID field Assigned to your DataMart
- The field type will also be automatically assigned to be "Simpletext" and the field will be required when a subscriber fills out your form.
5. Add any additional fields you would like your form to Collect
- Indicate the type of field and if it is required.
6. Select the Submit Action you would like the form to use when new contacts Submit their information through your Form.
"Always add to this subscription"
- This submit action will add new contacts, with the permission level chosen, to the subscription you choose when subscribers simply fill out the form and clicking the submit button.
"Include opt-in checkbox"
- This submit action will place a checkbox on your web form above the submit button that, when the submit button is clicked, will submit the contact into your DataMart with an explicit permission level (if checked).
- Note: Make sure to fill out the "Opt-in text displayed" field with a line of copy that indicates what the user is opt-ing into by checking the box displayed. (ie. To subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter.)
7. Select the Permission level for records added by the form to that subscription
- If the web form indicates that the user submitting the form will be "signed up" or "opted in" to a specific publication, then select explicit.
- If the web form is to collect user information but not subscribe the user to a specific publication, select implied.
8. OPTIONAL: Select the landing page you would like the form to redirect to after a user has successfully submitted data
- The page you select here will appear once the user has finished the web form and clicked the submit button.
9. Type in the text you would like placed in the "Submit" button
10. Click "Save Web Form"
- This completes the steps required to create the form.
- In order to have the form appear on a landing page, you will need to complete the next steps.
11. Navigate to "Landing Pages'
12. Select the landing page you would like to insert the Web Form
13. Place the cursor in your landing page where you would like the web form to appear
14. Click the "Insert Web Form" option in the editor
15. Select the name of the web form you set up earlier and click "Insert"
16. This will insert the web form tag into your landing page
17. Click "Save" and then click "Preview" to open the landing page in your browser
18. The Result
- You will notice that the form is produced without any styling or formatting.
- In order to style the form, you must have a knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- For a tutorial on styling your web form, click here.
Using your web form
- Now that you've built a great looking landing page and web form, you can begin to use the URL provided through your email messages or your website.
- A common use for the landing page tool is to display the page on your website using an iFrame.